River Bluff Middle School Athletics
Statement of Philosophy
The Board of Education and the staff of the Stoughton Area School District believe that every student in the school district should have the opportunity to attend school and receive a quality education. Athletic programs are intended to enrich an athlete's learning and foster emotional, intellectual, and physical growth.
- Provide activities that meet the positive needs, interests, and abilities of district students
- Provide outlets for student energies.
- Develop and enhance peer and adult interaction and cooperation.
- Provide activities that bring students together for mutual expressions of interest at all age levels.
- Help students to be successful by developing responsibility, leadership, and skills of competition.
- Promote community pride.
- Encourage lifetime interest in athletics.
- Teach and promote good citizenship.
- Teach students that participation in athletic activities is a privilege and not a right.
- Promote teamwork and cooperation.
All River Bluff athletic schedules are posted at BadgerConference.Org. This site will give you the most current information as well as any last minute changes. Driving directions to the venue may also be available.
ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN ATHLETICS
At the middle level, all interested students are encouraged to participate, and some performance time is assured. The middle school has a "no cut" policy. Participation is emphasized, winning is not the sole objective. Any student who is interested in participating in any interscholastic athletic program must complete and have the following information on file:
RBMS Athletic paperwork is now ONLINE! To sign up, click the Athletic Registration tab on the left of the screen. Scroll down to Middle school registration and get started.