Meal Service for the Stoughton Area School District is provided by Taher, Inc. Breakfast and lunch are served daily at all buildings. Lunch includes a fruit and veggie bar at all buildings. Click here to view the 2019-20 Taher News letter.
Free and Reduced Meals
Are noticed annually via email or on paper and are available in all building offices throughout the year or by click here for a paper copy. Applications may also be submitted electronically via your parent portal account.
Applications may be submitted at any time during the year as financial situations change. Submission and status of applications are confidential.
Households approved for free and reduced meals, via application, must reapply each year. Note: Federal income guidelines change annually. So, while your income may have remained the same, the guideline has changed causing your approval status to be different.
2019 MEAL PRICES
Estimate of meals costs by week / month / year
Ala Carte Purchases, MS and HS students
- Middle School Students - It is our practice to require permission to purchase ala carte items on account. Students without permission will be required to pay cash for ala carte purchases. This will stay on file for 7th and 8th grade unless you request a change. Any permission given last year for current 7th and 8th grade students in on file. Please click here to allow ala carte purchase on account for your 6th grade student or 7th/8th grade student who currently do not have permission. Please allow 24 hours for processing.
- High School Students - It is our practice to allow purchasing of ala carte items on account. Students will be allowed to purchase ala carte items on account unless you have requested we block these purchases. This will stay on file for the remainder of high school unless you request a change. Please click here to block ala carte purchases on account for your 9th grade student or 10th, 11th, 12th grade students who currently have permission.
Family Accounts and Automatic Replenishment
**By using both of the options below you should never have to worry about your student not having funds available.
- Family Accounts: You may choose to combine all students into one account. This means, one reminder, one payment for all of your children. Please contact Jenny McKenna at Jenny.McKenna@stoughton.k12.wi.us if you would like to create a family account.
- Automatic Replenishment You may set up an automatic replenishment at a minimum balance or on specific days of the month. Option 2 is great for our dual household students! Please go to your portal account and select payments/auto replenishment.
Are set at a district level and automatically sent via Infinite Campus according to the following (note that low balance reminders may not be set for individual amounts).
- Automatically email, twice weekly on Tuesdays and Fridays, low balance reminders for all students and staff with account balances less than $10.00 but greater than $0.00.
- Automatically email, twice weekly on Tuesdays and Fridays, past due balance reminders for all students and staff with balances less than $0.00.
Click here for a quick overview of the new portal layout when making payments.
- Free online echeck payments via Infinite Campus Parent Portal - click here
- MS/HS payments of cash or check should be placed in a clearly marked envelope and given directly to a Taher cashier
- Elementary payments of cash or check should be placed in a clearly marked envelope and placed in the meal payments box located outside the office.
Brown Bag Lunches
are available on early release days for student K-8.
Daily Meal Options
- Elementary buildings have 3 options; 1 homemade meal (i.e. lasagna); 1 "kid friendly" (i.e. cheeseburger); Salad/Sandwich
- Middle/High School have classic cafe (i.e. lasagna); Chef Pete (i.e. themed meals); They also have pizza, grill, fresh choices, creation station (build your own sub/pasta etc.)
- All buildings have an unlimited fruit and vegetable bar at lunch. 1/2 cup of one or a combination of the two are required as part of the USDA Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act.
- A fruit and a vegetable is offered with breakfast. 1/2 cup of one or a combination of the two are required as part of the USDA Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act.