School Board Election
April 5, 2022
- The School Board Election will be held on April 5, 2022. Three (3) seats are open.
- Paperwork for school board candidates is due by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, January 4, 2022. Paperwork may be filed starting on December 1, 2021 at the AESC building (320 North Street, Stoughton).
- On Tuesday, February 15, 2022, the Spring Primary held if seven or more candidates have registered (One more than twice the number of seats open).
About the School Board Election
- Members of the Board shall be elected annually at the spring election on the first Tuesday in April that is consistent with State Law (Wis. Stats. 120.06(1), 10.68 (5)(2b)); newly elected board members will take office on or before the fourth Monday in April.
- School Board Member seats are at large meaning all seats serve over the District as a whole.
- Nomination Papers are NOT required for the Stoughton Area School District.
- Elections are held annually on the first Tuesday in April, newly elected board members take office on or before the fourth Monday in April.
- To qualify for placement on the ballot a candidate must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- 18 years of age
- A resident of the school district for at least 28 consecutive days at the time of filing a declaration of candidacy.
- Once a Declaration of Candidacy is filed a candidate MAY NOT withdraw their name from the ballot.
- Stoughton School Board Members serve a three-year term unless filling a vacancy left by a member that resigned prior to the end of their term.
Required Paperwork for Candidates
The following paperwork for school board candidates must be filed by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at the AESC building (320 North Street, Stoughton). Paperwork may be filed starting on December 1, 2021.
NOTE: If an incumbent did not file their non-candidacy paperwork by 5 p.m. on December 18 AND they did not file a Declaration of candidacy by 5 p.m. on January 5th, the deadline for filing the forms above will be extended 72 hours for all parties EXCEPT the incumbent which is 5 p.m. Friday, January 8, 2022.
AESC Building Hours - Holiday Season
The AESC building will be closed 12/20/21 - 1/3/22. The building will be open Tuesday, January 4, 2022 from 7:45 a.m. - 5 p.m.