NOTE: Paperwork for school board is due by
5pm on Tuesday, January 7, 2020
**Building hours around the holiday are below:
December 19th, 20th and 23rd the building will be open 7:45 am - 4:15 pm. The building will not reopen until Monday, January 6, 2020.
The building will be open Monday, January 6th from 7:45 am - 4:15 pm and Tuesday, January 7th from 7:45 am - 5:00 pm.
- Members of the Board shall be elected annually at the spring election on the first Tuesday in April that is consistent with State Law (Wis. Stats. 120.06(1), 10.68 (5)(2b)); newly elected board members will take office on or before the fourth Monday in April.
- School Board Member seats are at large meaning all seats serve over the District as a whole.
- Nomination Papers are NOT required for the Stoughton School District.
- Elections are held annually on the first Tuesday in April, newly elected board members take office on or before the fourth Monday in April.
- To qualify for placement on the ballot a candidate must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- 18 years of age
- A resident of the school district for at least 28 consecutive days at the time of filing a declaration of candidacy.
- Once a Declaration of Candidacy is filed a candidate MAY NOT withdraw their name from the ballot.
- Stoughton School Board Members serve a 3 year term unless filling a vacancy left by a member that resigned prior to the end of their term.
Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 5pm
***NOTE: If an incumbent did not file their non-candidacy paperwork by 5pm on December 27 AND they did not file a Declaration of candidacy by 5pm on January 7th, the deadline for filing the forms above will be extended 72 hours for all parties EXCEPT the incumbent which is 5pm Friday, January 10, 2020.
Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Spring Primary held if 7 or more candidates have registered. (One more than twice the number of seats open)
Tuesday, April 7, 2020
Spring Election held
2020 Spring Election Results
unofficial results will be posted Wednesday, April 8th