The Transportation Department is committed to the safe transportation of our students.
- Students must have approval to ride the bus.
- An existing stop near your home address or place of child care does not automatically qualify you to ride that route even if it appears the bus has space available.
Open Enrolled Students
- The district does not provide transportation for students who are open enrolled into the district. DPI does provide transportation reimbursement for low-income households. Please click here to view DPI's open enrollment website.
Students approved to attend an elementary school outside of their boundary:
- The district does not provide transportation for students who have requested an elementary school outside of their resident boundary. SASD Board Policy 802 states "if the school assignment transfer is granted, parents assume the responsibility for transportation of their student(s)."
Who is eligible to ride the bus?
- Students who live more than 1.5 miles (K4-5) or 2.0 miles (6-12) from their school can board a bus at a designated bus stop.
- Students who live less than 1.5 miles (K4-5) or 2.0 miles (6-12) from school are eligible to ride if they have to cross an area designated as an “unusual hazard”.
These "unusual hazard" areas include:
|Student K4-5||Students K4-12|
|Main St. / Hwy 51, except between Main St. Railroad Tracks & Cty Hwy N||Hwy 51 between Hwy 138 West and Cty Hwy B|
|Railroad tracks across Main St.||County Hwy N|
|County Hwy B|
Please click here to review current bus rules.
NOTE: Failure to follow rules may result in discipline or loss of transportation privileges.
Bus Garage for Attendance