The transportation department is responsible for the transportation of students to and from school, field trips and athletic events.
Not riding the bus today? Contact 608.877.5063
General Questions? Submit a support form here
Urgent Matters? Contact 608.877.5062
- Students must have approval to ride the bus. An existing stop near your home address or place of child care does not automatically qualify you to ride that route even if it appears the bus has space available
- Bus rules must be followed at all times. Failure to follow rules puts the safety of our students and drivers at risk and may result in loss of riding privileges.
- Please reference the district transportation policy 8600 and transportation administrative guidelines 8600a.
Students eligible to ride the bus include
- Students grades 4k-5, living more than 1.5 miles from home to school
- Students grades 6-12, living more than 2.0 miles from home to school
- Students grades 4k-12 who need to cross an area designated as an "unusual hazard".
- Note: unusual hazards may change by grade level. Reference Administrative Guidelines 8600a.
Students NOT eligible to ride the bus include
- Students who reside outside the district boundary and attend Stoughton Schools (open enrolled students) are ineligible for transportation. Please click here to view DPI's open enrollment website.
- Students grades K-5 who reside outside the boundary of their assigned school of attendance. Please review policy 5120.00.
INELIGIBLE REQUEST FORM - OPEN FRIDAY, JULY 22, 2022