Meal Service for the Stoughton Area School District is provided by Taher, Inc. Breakfast and lunch are served daily at all buildings. Lunch includes a fruit and veggie bar at all buildings. Click here. to view the 2018-19 Taher News letter.
2019-20 Meal Prices
Free and Reduced Meals
Are noticed annually through the online registration process and are available in all building offices throughout the year or by clicking here.
Applications may be submitted at any time during the year as financial situations change. Submission and status of applications are confidential.
Households approved for free and reduced meals, via application, must reapply each year. Note: Federal income guidelines change annually. So, while your income may have remained the same, the guideline has changed causing your approval status to be different.
Family Accounts and Automatic Replenishment
Family Accounts: You may choose to combine all students into one account. This means, one reminder, one payment for all of your children. Please contact Jenny McKenna at Jenny.McKenna@stoughton.k12.wi.us if you would like to create a family account.
- Automatic Replenishment. You may set up an automatic replenishment at a minimum balance or on specific days of the month. Option 2 is great for our dual household students! Please go to your portal account and select payments/auto replenishment.
Are set at a district level and automatically sent via Infinite Campus according to the following (note that low balance reminders may not be set for individual amounts).
- Automatically email, twice weekly on Tuesdays and Fridays, low balance reminders for all students and staff with account balances less than $10.00 but greater than $0.00.
- Automatically email, twice weekly on Tuesdays and Fridays, past due balance reminders for all students and staff with balances less than $0.00.
- Free online echeck payments via Infinite Campus Parent Portal - click here.
- MS/HS payments of cash or check should be placed in a clearly marked envelope and given directly to a Taher cashier
- Elementary payments of cash or check should be placed in a clearly marked envelope and placed in the meal payments box located outside the office.
Brown Bag Lunches
Brown bag lunches are available on early release days for student K-8.
Daily Meal Options
Elementary buildings have 3 options; 1 homemade meal (i.e. lasagna); 1 "kid friendly" (i.e. cheeseburger); Salad/Sandwich
- Middle/High School have classic cafe (i.e. lasagna); Chef Pete (i.e. themed meals); They also have pizza, grill, fresh choices, creation station (build your own sub/pasta etc.)
- All buildings have an unlimited fruit and vegetable bar at lunch. 1/2 cup of one or a combination of the two are required as part of the USDA Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act.
- A fruit and a vegetable is offered with breakfast. 1/2 cup of one or a combination of the two are required as part of the USDA Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act.