Keyboarding & Guitar
Welcome to River Bluff Keyboarding/Guitar class. This is an introductory class for students with little or no experience on the piano and guitar. Piano/guitar playing will be used as a means of teaching the Wisconsin Essential Standards for Music, grades 7-8. Class time will include playing, listening and responding to various genres of music from the past to the present. Instruments are provided at school. Access to a keyboard and guitar at home practice, is helpful but not required.
SASD Music Targets
- Sing alone and/or with others
- Demonstrate understanding of rhythmic patterns in music
- Distinguish between various standard notation symbols
- Analyze various components of music (Timbre, rhythm, melody, harmony, form)
- Evaluate music performances
- Compare and contrast the role of music in cultures worldwide.
Grading is a composite of daily participation, musical growth, general music assessments (including music theory, history and listening), and playing tests.