5th Grade Orchestra
5th Grade Orchestra is offered as an after-school program to all fifth graders in the district. Students meet twice a week: once at their home elementary school and once at River Bluff Middle School for large group ensemble rehearsal. In 5th grade orchestra, students are introduced to playing violin, viola, cello, or bass and learn the basics of their instrument as well as music reading.
Need to sign up for orchestra? Click this link to fill out the registration form:
Registration for the 2020-21 school year closes on Sept. 15th, 2020
- Instrument of proper size and in good playing condition
- Sound Innovations for String Orchestra Bk 1 (Blue Cover)
- Violins/Violas: Shoulder Rest
- Cellos/Basses: Rock Stop
- Soft Cleaning Cloth
- Music Stand for home practice
*Financial assistance is available for students who need help obtaining an instrument or supplies. Please contact Mrs. Meyer for more information.
5th graders will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays on normal school days from 3:05-4:00pm
@ River Bluff Middle School
*Please note that bus transportation is available each night for students who are bus eligible.
- January Concert Date: TBA 5th Grade Orchestra Concert, 7pm "Informance" River Bluff Middle School
- May Concert, Date: TBA: 5-8th Grade Orchestra Concert, 7 pm, Stoughton High School Performing Arts Center
See Below for more information about why playing an instrument is beneficial for your student.