5th Grade Orchestra
5th Grade Orchestra is offered as an after-school program to all fifth graders in the district. Students meet twice a week at River Bluff Middle School for large group ensemble rehearsal.
In 5th grade orchestra, students are introduced to playing violin, viola, cello, or bass and learn the basics of their instrument as well as music reading.
Need to sign up for orchestra? Registration is closed at this time.
Email email@example.com to inquire
Registration for the 2022-23 school year closed Sept. 14 2022
- Instrument of proper size and in good playing condition
- Sound Innovations for String Orchestra Bk 1 (Blue Cover)
- Violins/Violas: Shoulder Rest
- Cellos/Basses: Rock Stop
- Soft Cleaning Cloth
- Music Stand for home practice
*Financial assistance is available for students who need help obtaining an instrument or supplies. Please contact Mrs. Meyer for more information.
5th graders will meet on Mondays and Wednesdays on normal school days from 3:05-4:00pm
at River Bluff Middle School
*Please note that bus transportation is provided from the elementary schools to River Bluff. After orchestra transportation home is available for students who are bus eligible.
- January Concert Date: TBA 5th Grade Orchestra Concert, 7pm "Informance" River Bluff Middle School
- May Concert, Date: TBA: 5-8th Grade Orchestra Concert, 7 pm, Stoughton High School Performing Arts Center
See Below for more information about why playing an instrument is beneficial for your student.