Student placement in Mathematics
Policy: To advance to the next math course, a student must have passed each semester of their previous math course.Teachers will review the list of students not meeting this prerequisite to determine if extenuating circumstances existed and may certify that the student is prepared to advance.
Rationale: Given the sequential nature of mathematical content, a student must demonstrate a firm understanding of base concepts to allow for future success. A student who does not meet the stated requirement will benefit byre-taking a course and increasing their understanding of the mathematical concepts.
- Algebra 1
- Algebra II
- College Algebra-Dual Credit—MATC
- Functions, Statistics, Trigonometry
- Advanced Placement (AP) Calculus AB
- Advanced Placement (AP) Statistics
- Advanced Placement (AP) Calculus BC
- Computer Science through Mathematics