There are many ways to get involved at Kegonsa. If you are interested in volunteering please contact us at Kegonsa and we will set you up with a volunteer job that best fits you and matches our needs. Contact Erin or Katie with questions.
Erin Conrad, Principal:
Katie Sannes, Dean:
Volunteer In the classroom
- Read with children
- Listen to children read and assist in answering questions about the text.
- Participate in outdoor classroom.
- Organize classroom library and math/phonics materials
- Assist students in the writing process.
- Share talent/profession with students
Volunteer at lunch or recess
- Eat lunch with students.
- Play board games with a small group of students during recess.
- Recess helper-joining in with students’ activities.
- Organize a recess activity.
Volunteer in the library
- Check in and out books
- Shelve books
- Read and recommend library books to students.
Volunteer in Physical Education
- Volunteer to help Play 60 leadership, Mrs. Dozois lead organized recess activities.
- File “sportfolio” paperwork
- Assist kindergarteners with putting rollerblades on during unit
- Come in to teach a mini-lesson on a sport or physical activity that you are passionate about.
- Actively participate in any of our units.
Volunteer in music
- Share a musical talent or instrument
- Help with the instrument petting zoo (Play a song on an instrument you know, cleaning mouthpieces between students, help students hold an instrument-coached by Mrs. Benson if needed, read/color with students as they wait their turn).
- Participate in any of our units
- Come in during lunch recess All-State practices to help support student singing in parts by singing with one group while Mrs. Benson sings with the other group.
- Sew replacement chair bags