Our Vision of Excellent Instruction
In our classrooms, we strive to build readers, writers, communicators, mathematicians, scientists and social scientists prepared to meet the demands of college and career and to engage as productive citizens of the world. At Kegonsa:
- Students read worthwhile, challenging complex texts.
- Students ground daily writing and discussion in evidence.
- Students do the thinking.
- Students focus on the most important content. Doing so gives our students the time and space they need to build an enduring understanding of the content we cover.
- Students learn the hows and whys of math – and apply it to the world around them.
- Students develop their Social Emotional Learning acuities, evident in their self-awareness, caring, and interactions.
High Quality Curriculum Aligned to Standards:
Systematic Phonics: Sonday System
Handwriting: Handwriting without Tears (Print and Cursive)
Science: National Geographic
Social Studies: TCI Social Studies
Wisconsin History: Wisconsin Our State, Our Story