- Pool Information
- Facility Schedule
- Admission Fees
- Lap Swim
- Swim Lessons
- Swim Team
- Water Exercise
- Parties & Facility Rentals
- Water Safety Activities
- ARC Courses
The pool is located at Stoughton High School in Stoughton, WI. The district pool is a high-quality competitive and instructional community aquatics facility with an 8-lane by 25-yard competition pool with 2 one-meter diving boards, spacious locker rooms and a 300 person viewing area overlooking the pool. The pool water temperature is kept at 82 degrees for comfort for all types of use. The chemicals used in our pool are a combination of Calcium Hypochlorite, Muriatic Acid and CO2.
Obey the Lifeguards
Patrons are expected to follow instructions given by lifeguards and pool management at all times. Failure to obey the lifeguards will result in removal from the facility as provided by Wisconsin State Law. If you hear a whistle, stop and pay attention. In an emergency situation, you may be asked to clear the pool area and go to the locker rooms. Lifeguards are there to enforce the pool rules and promote safety in and around the water. If a patron does not follow the rules or listen to the lifeguards, they may be removed from the facility. For a complete list of our pool rules:
If school is canceled for inclement weather or a "snow day", the pool will also be closed for the day. We try to post it on the "Pool Information" and "Facility Schedule" tabs.
- SASD has made the decision to follow this guideline: Face coverings will be strongly recommended (not required) in all SASD school buildings and during school activities for students and staff.
- If you have been exposed or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed, please stay home. Anyone who is returning to our building after being in isolation or quarantine is still required to wear a face mask for days 6-10 and not allowed in the water for those days since a mask cannot be worn in the water.
Entering and exiting the facility
- Patrons will enter through door #24 (Athletic Entrance from the back parking lot) when coming to use the pool.
- Patrons will check in with the cashier, a REMINDER that patrons using the pool or going downstairs at all are required to be checked into Raptor, the district's visitor check in software. A government-issued ID is required.
- Showers are required prior to the pool being used. This is a requirement via the State Health Code.
- Patrons will exit through the locker rooms and out the door adjacent to the cashier's office (same door entered to get to the locker rooms).
The pool uses the SASD visitor policy for all users. For your safety, all adults 18 years old and older that will access our pool deck or locker rooms must present a valid, government issued identification. Your ID will be used to verify that you are not documented on any sex offender database. Anyone flagged in the Raptor system will not be granted access to our pool deck or locker room facilities. If you are not getting in the water you are required to wear your Raptor name tag downstairs. You may contact the SASD Safety Coordinator to discuss this requirement at any time.
The SASD Pool is accessible to all persons. A special chair ramp is available to assist with entry and exit. Special chair railings are available for those who prefer.
The pool entrance is located off of the back parking lot which is easily accessed by Devonshire Road. Pool parking is available in the back parking lot, located on the west side of the school.
If you are coming for lap swim or water exercise class Monday through Friday during school hours (8:35a-3:35p), we ask that you park in the visitor parking in the back parking lot. These spots are the row of spots next to the handicap spots. If those spots are filled up, we ask that you park on the street.
A cleansing shower is required of all patrons immediately prior to entering the water by the Department of Heath and Family Services, Wisconsin Administrative Code.
Children age ten and under
All children age ten years and younger must have an adult (18 years of age or older) in the facility with them. Children 6 years of age and younger must have an adult accompanying them, in and out of the water, at all times.
**Please note schedule changes may be made without notice. We reserve the right to close the pool prior to the scheduled hours for weather, low attendance, or staff emergencies.**
Please click on the above "Pool Calendar" button for the most up to date schedule. The one below may have changed since posted.
SPRING 2023 SCHEDULE - ends on 6/5/23
Home Swim Meets:
Saturday May 6th (STAR)
(Do you want to view a larger version of the weekly schedule below?
Right click on schedule to either save or open image as a new tab.)
Adult - 18 years of age and older
Youth - 4 to 17 years of age
Senior - age 60 and older
Children age 3 and under are admitted free with a paid swimming adult.
Resident: SASD tax payer. Non-Resident: those not paying SASD tax.
|Daily Use||Punch Card||1
|3 Months||6 Months||9 Months||12 Months|
The SASD Pool accepts cash, check, or card at the pools admissions office.
Punch Cards - A punch card has 10 admissions to the pool, cards are non-refundable and do not expire.
*Family pricing based on family of up to 5 family members. Each additional family member is $1.75 resident and $2.00 non-resident.
Gift Certificates are available for purchase on any pool costs.
How to Sign Up for a Lap Swim Time
Due to the overall positivity of using Sign-Up Genius, reservations for a swim time will continue and will be open each week on Thursdays at 9am.
Each lane will accommodate two swimmers in it.
If there are two people in your party wanting to swim at the same time - each person will need to sign up individually for a slot.
There is no guarantee you will be in the same lane.
Please only put the name of the swimmer in the "Lap Swimmer's Name Only" spot.
Please note - only ONE lap swimmer per sign up slot.
Please cancel your spot if you decide not to swim so others can pick up that swim time. Cancellations can be made from your reservation email, email email@example.com or call the cashier at 608-877-5626. A cashier is only there when the pool is open.
With our community in mind, please note we have limited your reservations to 3 times per week.
- Due to the large volume of swimmers and spots, we are asking that people signing up be aware that if you are 15 minutes past your sign up time, your spot can be given to another patron.
- If you do show up to swim laps without a reservation, there is no guarantee you will get a lane.
- If you are coming for lap swim Monday through Friday during school hours (8:35a-3:35p), we ask that you park in the VISITOR parking in the back parking lot. These are located in the first row next to the the handicap spots. If those spots are filled up, we ask that you park on the street.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please do not come to the pool. Call and cancel you reservation. 608-877-5626.
Lap Swim Sign Ups
6/12/2023 - 6/18/2023
LAP SWIM SIGN UP
6/5/2023 - 6/11/2023
LAP SWIM SIGN UP
The sign up link will be active the Thursday prior to the week of sign up at 9am.
PM Session #1, 6/5-6/28 5:15-7:00p:
|5:15p-5:45p||Level 5||Pre-1||Level 1||Level 3|
|6:30p-7:00p||Level 1||Pre-3||Level 2||Level 2|
- Resident Registration = Thursday 6/1 @ 12:00p
- Non-Resident Registration = Friday 6/2 @ 12:00p
PM Session #2, 7/10-8/3 5:15-7:00p
Resident Registration = Thursday 7/6 @ 12:00p
- Non-Resident Registration = Friday 7/7 @ 12:00p
PM Session #3, 8/7-8/30 5:15-7:00p
- Resident Registration = Thursday 8/3 @ 12:00p
- Non-Resident Registration = Friday 8/4 @ 12:00p
AM Session #1, 6/19-6/29 5:15-7:00p
|9:00-9:30a||Pre-1||Level 1||Level 5|
|9:40-10:10a||Level 2||Pre-2||Level 4|
|10:20-10:50p||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
- Resident Registration = Thursday 6/15 @ 12:00p
- Non-Resident Registration = Friday 6/16 @ 12:00p
AM Session #2, 7/10-7/20 5:15-7:00p
|9:00-9:30a||Pre-1||Level 6||Level 4||Pre-2||Level 3|
|9:40-10:10a||Level 3||Level 5||Pre-2||Level 2||Level 1|
|10:20-10:50p||Level 2||Level 3||Pre-1||Level 1||Pre-3|
- Resident Registration = Thursday 7/6 @ 12:00p
- Non-Resident Registration = Friday 7/7 @ 12:00p
AM Session #3, 7/24-8/3 5:15-7:00p
|9:00-9:30a||Pre-2||Level 6||Parent/Child||Level 3||Pre-1|
|9:40-10:10a||Level 1||Level 5||Level 2||Level 4||Parent/Child|
|10:20-10:50p||Pre-3||Level 3||Pre-1||Level 2||Pre-2|
- Resident Registration = Thursday 7/20 @ 12:00p
- Non-Resident Registration = Friday 7/21 @ 12:00p
We offer American Red Cross Swim Lessons with certified Water Safety Instructors.
About American Red Cross Swim Lessons:
American Red Cross swim lessons are tailored to the needs of each child, so they can progress at a comfortable pace. Although some students may advance more quickly or slowly, our instructors ensure that everyone receives the instruction they need.
We encourage students to make it to every class to improve their skills and prepare them to advance to the next level. Please note, attendance does not determine if a student passes a level - their ability to perform the associated skills does.
Parents or guardians of children 6 months to 3 years old will actively participate in swim lessons with the student. This increases the student's comfort level in the water, the parent's understanding of the lesson process, and allows the parent to practice skills with the student between classes.
Class descriptions can be found at the bottom of this page on the flier "American Red Cross Swim Lessons".
Entrance and Exit:
Please enter the facility through door #24. Everyone 18 or older going downstairs to the pool deck will need to check in, whether or not they will be using the pool. Check-in is handled through the "Pool Admissions" office - also referred to as the "Cashier's Office".
The first time you are checked in, you will need to provide a government issued ID card such as a driver's license. If you are not getting in the water with your student for their lesson, you will be required to wear the Raptor ID tag displayed prominently on your clothes.
Once checked in, swim lesson participants and parents or guardians with them will be allowed downstairs 5 minutes prior to the start of their class. They will enter through the door across from the Cashier's Office and go through a locker room to get to the pool deck. We have a men's locker room, women's locker room, and a family locker room available for changing and showering.
We require all participants to take a shower before coming out on the pool deck for their swim lesson. Parents and guardians will return upstairs the same way they came down once their student is situated with their lesson group. Please do not use the side stairwells. They are only for use in an emergency.
Parents and guardians may observe the lessons from the seating area located on the main level of the building. We do not allow anyone on the pool deck during lessons unless they are participating in the lessons.
*Please read "Swim Lessons Policies" flier at the bottom of the page before signing up for lessons*
*Please reach out to the Pool Cashier prior to sign up day if you do not know the last level your child passed at our pool*
*If you are new to our pool, please sign them up for Level 1 (ages 6-14) or Preschool Level 1 (ages 4-5)*
Sign-In To Your Account Access your online account to make a payment or view/update your data.
At this time you can click the Online Registration button to start to build your account on Class Juggler, our registration program. Please read the first page (you will see our logo on this page) to help with any initial questions. Updated information on the current swim lessons will be on the log-in page of Class Juggler or here on this page when it is available. All payments for lessons must be done online.
Curious if you are within SASD's boundaries? Click here.
*We highly encourage you to create an account prior to the day of sign ups.*
Stoughton High School Girls and Boys Swim Team
Co-Head Coaches: Jeff Bridwell & Heather Solis
Co-Head Coaches: Jeff Bridwell & Dan Neely
STAR Youth Swim Team
Our local swim team is the Stoughton Aqua Racers (STAR). If your child is interested in further developing their swimming skills and can swim 25 yards without stopping, please contact STAR at:
STAR is a private organization, not a SASD program. For more information, please reach out to them directly.
Water Exercise Class
Is a low impact exercise class that is great on your joints! These classes are designed to improve flexibility, range of motion, increase strength and muscle tone while using the resistance of the water. You do not need to sign up prior to class.
Winter 2023 Class Schedule
Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 11:15a to 12:15p
*Class will be canceled on days we host a home swim meet*
Thursday Water Exercise classes are canceled 2/16-3/9.
They will resume Thursday 3/16.
If you are coming for a water exercise class Monday through Friday during school hours (8:35a-3:35p), we ask that you park in the visitor parking in the back parking lot. These spots are the row of spots next to the handicap spots. If those spots are filled up, we ask that you park on the street.
(Please be aware that some of the midday classes may need to be flexible due to a staff shortage. Check our calendar for the most up to date schedule)
Parties & Facility Rentals
Birthday Parties can ONLY be scheduled during an Open Swim. Full pool rental is not available for birthday parties.
The pool has party packages, which includes admission for up to 10 children and 2 adults. You may use the classroom which is available on the entry level of the pool for cake, snacks and gift opening. Additional attendees are $3 per child and $4 per adult, all pool rules apply. Reservations are required and not accepted over the phone. Payment is due at time of reservation. Resident $40/ Non-Resident $50. To inquire about dates or for further information call 877-5626.
Stoughton Area School District
Swimming Pool Hourly Rental Fees
If you are interested in a rental, you must file a facility request, see the left side of your screen!
Please note rentals are only for local community groups, athletic groups, and PE classes within the Stoughton Area School District. Availability is limited and dependent on staffing.
First 2 Hours*
|Each Additional Hour||Staffing Requirements|
Rental fee add $10 per hour per lifeguard for each 25 patrons beyond 125 to 237;
* A two-hour minimum rental is required.
Organizations or individuals may not use district facilities without having a custodian on duty. When regularly scheduled custodial services are not available, a charge for the actual costs of custodial services will be made for all building users. Any overtime or additional costs incurred by the district, as a result of the agreement will be billed to the renter. The facility coordinator will provide a reasonable estimate of the anticipated additional costs at the time of the reservation.
Use of Timing System
- Organizations or individuals may use the district’s timing system in one of two ways: If your organization has trained individuals with Hy-Tek Meet Manager experience you will pay a flat fee to use the system of $50.00 per day for residents / $100 per day for non-residents. Individuals will need the approval of the Aquatics Program Director.
- Organizations without trained operators will be charged an additional $40 per hour for use of the timing equipment which includes an operator to run the system.
Policies Regarding Use of the Swimming Pool
1. The Aquatics Program Supervisor must approve all activities and equipment used in the swimming pool area.
2. The Stoughton Area School District has the right to refuse any organization the use of the swimming pool.
3. The swimming pool is operated by the Stoughton Area School District. When scheduling events, priority will be given to school activities and school-affiliated groups.
4. Absolutely no food or drink is allowed inside the pool area.
5. The user organization is responsible for the conduct of all persons (including audience members) associated with the event.
6. The Stoughton Area School District will provide a clean and unobstructed area for the event. It shall be the responsibility of the renting organization to maintain and restore the area to its original condition.
7. The renting organization shall not post signs or affix banners to the building without the prior consent of the Aquatics Program Supervisor.
8. The Aquatics Program Supervisor shall approve any tables or displays placed in the lobbies.
9. The Stoughton Area School District, and/or any agent or employee, shall not be liable for damages to or loss of property belonging to, or in the care of, the user organization.
Water Safety Activities
American Red Cross Courses
Lifeguarding - Are you 15 or older and looking for a great part time job or a challenging career? American Red Cross Lifeguarding is the best place to start. Lifeguarding puts you in an exciting position, working as a part of a team to help people safely enjoy the water.
Water Safety Instructor - The American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Course provides instructor candidates the training needed to teach the courses for the American Red Cross Swimming and Water Safety Program. Water Safety instructors teach the swim lesson program at the Stoughton Pool.