- Reopening Information
- Water Safety
- Pool Information
- Facility Schedule
- Admission Fees
- Facility Rentals
the SASD Pool IS OPEN, here are the important things to know about using the pool:
- To be able to use the pool you will need to sign up in advance for a swim time.
- Pool hours will be reviewed on a regular basis. This will allow any new Health Department Order changes and athletic needs to be evaluated that might impact the pool schedule.
- A calendar of the hours is available on line and in the facility.
- Pool equipment such as kickboards will not be available to patrons. Feel free to bring your own equipment.
Important COVID-19 Information related to entering SASD facilities:
- Masks are required.
- Hand sanitizing is encouraged whenever possible.
- 6’ Physical Distancing will be adhered to.
- If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed, please stay home. If need be call the pool to cancel your reservation, 608-877-5627.
Entering the facility:
- Patrons will be entering door #24 (Athletic Entrance from the back parking lot) when coming to use the pool.
- Masks are mandatory while in the pool facility.
- Patrons will go to the cashier window to check in, signage will keep patrons distanced and encourage to use hand sanitizer. REMINDER that patrons using the pool are required to be checked into Raptor, the district’s visitor check in software. A government issued ID is required.
- Patrons will be admitted to the locker rooms. We request keeping 6’ distancing with other patrons in the locker rooms. Lockers will not be available. Be aware not all of the showers will be available in order to distance patrons.
- Showers are required prior to the pool being used, this is a requirement via the State Health Code.
- Once patrons are on deck they will use a green or blue box on the benches for towels and masks once they are ready to enter the water.
- The lifeguards will indicate the time for patrons to get out of the water, you will have 10 minutes to use the locker rooms. Lifeguards will give you a verbal warning of time remaining.
- Patrons are asked to clean the areas they used by using the disinfectant wipes available.
Exiting the facility:
- Patrons will exit the facility via doors #25 located at the top of the stairs on the north end of the pool. To access this area you will exit the locker rooms on the pool side and be directed by the lifeguard.
- If you entered using the elevator you may exit the same way, please remain 6’ from other patrons.
Signing up for a swim time:
- All reservations for a swim time will be open each week on Thursdays at 9 AM each week.
- Swimmers are let into the locker room area 5 minutes before their allotted time.
- Each swim spot is 45 minute in water followed by 10 minutes of locker room use.
- Please adhere to the times as we are trying to use our facility to its full potential.
- Swim reservations will be taken on Sign Up Genius software online. Please use the button below to reserve a swim time.
- With our community in mind, please note we have limited your reservations to 2 times per week initially.
- Each lane is one person or household only. If more than one is coming from your household make sure to indicate that in the comments(max. of two per lane).
- Please inform the pool cashier if you will not be attending and have made a reservation. 608-877-5626
2/22 - 2/28/21
Pool Sign Up
The sign up link is for the current week.
The sign up link will be active the Thursday prior to the week of sign up at 9 AM.
The Pool is at Stoughton High School in Stoughton, WI. The district pool is a high-quality competitive and instructional community aquatics facility with an 8-lane by 25-yard competition pool with 2 one-meter diving boards, spacious locker rooms and a 300 person viewing area overlooking the pool. The pool water temperature is kept at 82 degrees for comfort for all types of use. The chemicals used in our pool are a combination of Calcium Hypochlorite, Muriatic Acid and CO2.
As of 3/1/20, the pool will use the SASD visitor policy for all users. For your safety, all adults 18 years old and older that will access our pool deck or locker rooms must present a valid, government issued identification. Your ID will be used to verify that you are not documented on any sex offender database. Anyone flagged in the Raptor system will not be granted access to our pool deck or locker room facilities. You may contact the SASD Safety Coordinator to discuss this requirement at any time.
The SASD Pool is accessible to all persons. A special chair ramp is available to assist with entry and exit. Special chair railings are available for those who prefer.
The pool entrance is accessed by the back parking lot which is easily accessed by Devonshire Road. Pool parking is available in the back parking lot, located on the west side of the school.
A cleansing shower is required of all patrons immediately prior to entering the water by the Department of Heath and Family Services, Wisconsin Administrative Code.
Obey the Lifeguards
Failure to obey the lifeguards will result in removal from the facility as provided by Wisconsin State Law. If you hear a whistle, stop and pay attention. There is an emergency in progress, you will be expected to follow the commands given by lifeguards and pool management. You may be asked to clear the pool area and go to the locker rooms.
Children age ten and under
All children age ten years and younger must have and adult (18 years of age or older) in the facility with them. Children 6 years of age and younger must have an adult accompanying them, in and out of the water, at all times.
**Please note schedule changes may be made without notice. We reserve the right to close the pool prior to the scheduled hours for weather or low attendance.
The Pool is now open!!
Please see the, "Reopening Information", tab for all the new pool need to know information.
The pool hours will be reevaluated every two weeks. If Health Department Orders change the schedule will change.
The change in calendar maybe reflective of other changes as High School Programs do take a priority.
Please check the monthly calendar for up to date facility schedule changes.
The items below can be printed just click on the one you want to see and print:
Definitions: Adult - 18 years of age and older; Youth - 4 to 17 years of age; Senior - age 60 and older; Children age 3 and under are admitted free with a paid swimming adult.
Resident: SASD tax payer. Non-Resident: those not paying SASD tax.
|Daily Use||Punch Card||1
|3 Months||6 Months||9 Months||12 Months|
|Water Exercise Classes|
The SASD Pool only accepts cash or check at the pools admissions office.
Punch Cards - A punch card has 10 admissions to the pool, cards are non-refundable and do not expire.
*Family pricing based on family of up to 5 family members. Each additional family member is $1.75 resident and $2.00 non-resident.
Gift Certificates are available for purchase on any pool costs.
The pools reopening will not include Programs initially. Please watch for a change to this as the Health Order allows.
Sign-In To Your Account Access your online account to make a payment or view/update your data.
At this time you can click the Online Registration button to start to build your account on Class Juggler, our registration program. Please read the first page (you will see our logo on this page) to help with any initial questions or how to do. Updated information on the current swim lesson information will be on the log-in page of Class Juggler or here when it is available.
Make sure you read the current Brochure which is available at the bottom of this page or on the login page of Class Juggler.
Swim Lessons - Swim Lessons will not be happening at this time.
Water Exercise - Classes are designed for a fun cardiovascular workout. Each class finishes with a short stretching session for a total workout.
Water Exercise Classes will not occur in our reopening initially.
Party Package - Birthday Parties will not be scheduled at this time.
The pool has party packages, which includes admission for up to 10 children and 2 adults. You may use the classroom which is available on the entry level of the pool for cake, snacks and gift opening. Additional attendees are $2 per child and $3 per adult, all pool rules apply. Reservations are required and not accepted over the phone. Resident $40/ Non-Resident $50. To inquire about dates or for further information call 877-5626.
American Red Cross Courses
Lifeguarding - Are you 15 or older and looking for a great part time job or a challenging career? American Red Cross Lifeguarding is the best place to start. Lifeguarding puts you in an exciting position, working as a part of a team to help people safely enjoy the water.
Water Safety Instructor - The American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Course provides instructor candidates the training needed to teach the courses for the American Red Cross Swimming and Water Safety Program. Water Safety instructors teach the swim lesson program at the Stoughton Pool.
Stoughton High School Girls' and Boys Swim Team
Coaches: Jeff Bridwell and Kristine Schoen
STAR Youth Swim Team
Please note rentals will not be allowed until the Health Order reflects the ability to offer this safely.
Stoughton Area School District
Swimming Pool Hourly Rental Fees
If you are interested in a rental, you must file a facility request, see the left side of your screen!
First 2 Hours
|Each Additional Hour
|First 2 Hours
|Each Additional Hour
Resident rental fee add $10 per hour per lifeguard for each 25 patrons beyond 125 to 237;
Non-resident rental add $10 per hour per lifeguard for each 25 patrons beyond 125 to 237.
Resident fee is charged for residents of the Stoughton Area School District when the group renting the facility is comprised predominately of district residents and the party reserving the facility is a district resident (physically residing in the district). A non-resident fee is charged to all groups or organizations not meeting the resident requirements. * A two-hour minimum rental is required.
Organizations or individuals may not use district facilities without having a custodian on duty. When regularly scheduled custodial services are not available, a charge for the actual costs of custodial services will be made for all building users. Any overtime or additional costs incurred by the district, as a result of the agreement will be billed to the renter. The facility coordinator will provide a reasonable estimate of the anticipated additional costs at the time of the reservation.
Use of Timing System
- Organizations or individuals may use the district’s timing system in one of two ways: If your organization has trained individuals with Hy-Tek Meet Manager experience you will pay a flat fee to use the system of $50.00 per day for residents / $100 per day for non-residents. Individuals will need the approval of the Aquatics Program Director.
- Organizations without trained operators will be charges $20 per hour for use of the timing equipment which includes an operator to run the system.
Organizations or individual(s) using the swimming pool, may have their fees prorated based on space used. The prorating must ensure the district recovers all costs associated with the use.
Policies Regarding Use of the Swimming Pool
1.The Aquatics Program Director must approve all activities and equipment used in the swimming pool area.
2.The Stoughton Area School District has the right to refuse any organization the use of the swimming pool.
3.The swimming pool is operated by the Stoughton Area School District. When scheduling events, priority will be given to school activities and school-affiliated groups.
4.Absolutely no food or drink is allowed inside the pool area.
5.The user organization is responsible for the conduct of all persons (including audience members) associated with the event.
6.The Stoughton Area School District will provide a clean and unobstructed area for the event. It shall be the responsibility of the renting organization to maintain and restore the area to its original condition.
7.The renting organization shall not post signs or affix banners to the building without the prior consent of the Aquatics Program Director.
8.The Aquatics Program Director shall approve any tables or displays placed in the lobbies.
9. The Stoughton Area School District, and/or any agent or employee, shall not be liable for damages to or loss of property belonging to, or in the care of, the user organization.
For a full copy of this information please print the pdf provided below.