2021-2022 Equity Resources
DANE COUNTY EQUITY CONSORTIUM
- Small Fire is a group of dedicated restorative justice practitioners offering a vision for just, equitable and effective work environments and communities. SASD works with Small Fire to do just that.
Professional Development for Staff
2021-2022: Practicing Anti-Racism
- Focus: Behaviors / norms that center justice in ‘ways of working’ as a staff, Responding to hate-based language in the moment, Actions to engage in anti racist approach in practices with students including engaging students in dialogue and in learning about race
- District-wide staff participated in a book study of : "Let’s Talk: Facilitating Critical Conversations with Students, Learning for Justice"
- Our PPG (Professional Practice Goal) is to increase understanding of our own racial identity, the history and role of race/racism in schools, institutional power, and structural oppression.
- One of our most important cornerstones is “Speaking up & calling in by using our Responding in the Moment Protocol.