2019-2020 Equity Resources
Dane County Equity Consortium
- Small Fire is a group of dedicated restorative justice practitioners offering a vision for just, equitable and effective work environments and communities. SASD works with Small Fire to do just that.
Professional Development for Staff
- Focus: Understanding of rationale for talking about race, understanding our identity and implicit biases, Openness to and familiarity with Circle process, Centering justice in the learning process and actions / behavior
- District-wide staff participated in a book study of So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo
- Our PPG (Professional Practice Goal) is to increase understanding of our own racial identity, the history and role of race/racism in schools, institutional power, and structural oppression.
- Beyond the Script is a document for recent articles and resources to support our equity mission shared with staff.