Grades K-2 Reopening
Quick Links for In-Person Vikings
- What staff and families/students must do before entering district buildings (COVID-19 Quick Sheet)
- How to screen your child (Self-Screen Quick Sheet)
- SASD K-2 Reopening Slide Deck, presented to the Board of Education on 10/29
- Suspected or positive case action plan, slides 55-57
Quick Links for Virtual Vikings
Our phone lines are open!
Give us a ring. We are here to help!
Fox Prairie: 608.877.5100
Need to contact a specific staff member? Check our staff directory.
Our In-Person and Virtual Vikings began on Monday, November 16
After a Board Meeting on Thursday, October 29, our K-2 families were given the choice to attend school in person starting Monday, November 16 or to continue virtual learning.
SCHEDULE: In-Person Vikings attend school Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
FOOD SERVICE: In-Person Vikings who received lunches at home continue to receive lunches at school. In-Person Vikings who do not currently receive lunches at home, but wish to have breakfast and lunch at school, must sign up here.
MASKS and DISTANCING: In-Person Vikings are required to wear masks, and physically distance as much as possible.
TRANSPORTATION: We are offering transportation to eligible riders. There are assigned seats. If families have the means to do so, we highly encourage student drop off to reduce the number of kids on our buses.
TECHNOLOGY: In-Person Vikings bring their district device (iPad or Chromebook) with them to school every day fully charged. Students also take their district device home each night to charge again for the next school day.
- Virtual learning remains an option for children to receive quality instruction.
- STAFF/STUDENT RATIO: Our staff to student ratio varies between 1 adult to 8 students and 1 adult to 13 students.
- SCHEDULE: Student schedules remain largely the same, as does curriculum and expectations.
- FOOD SERVICE: Students receiving meals at home and who are remaining Virtual Vikings will continue to receive meals at home.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are children wear masks and physically distance?
- Yes, all children are required to wear masks. Yes, children physically distance as much as possible.
- Are grade levels mixed together in person?
- No, grade levels are not be mixed together. For example, each grade level has recess at a different time so that there is no overlap between grades. This minimizes the number of individuals your child has contact with.
- What if I want to change my child’s placement?
- At this time families have made a decision for their child’s placement for the foreseeable future. The district will re-evaluate during mid-February for possible trimester changes. If a family has an extenuating circumstance, changes in placement will require District Administrator approval.
- What is the schedule for an in-person day?
- In-Person Vikings attend school daily from 7:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.