District Reopening Plan
- What staff and families/students must do before entering district buildings (COVID-19 Quick Sheet)
- How to screen your child (Self-Screen Quick Sheet)
- SASD COVID-19 Data Dashboard
- Health & Safety Information
On July 20, the Board of Education approved our back to school plan: a phased-in approach starting with virtual learning. A phased-in approach means we transition our students back into school buildings in phases. A phased-in approach means we simultaneously value safety and getting our students and staff back to school. It allows us to be flexible as the environment gets better or worsens.
We began the year with virtual learning for grades K-12 and are currently in a hybrid model., and plan to transition more students into our buildings.
Our phased-in approach means that the district does not support a drastic change for our staff and families, such as going from full virtual learning in K-12 to a full hybrid model. Instead, a phased-in approach looks more like:
- Starting our 4K students in person or virtually (family choice) (Began on Tuesday, September 1)
- Starting our grades K-2 students in person or virtually (family choice) (Began on Monday, November 16)
- Moving to adding our grades 3-5 in groups to reduce the amount of students in our buildings (Began on Monday, January 25)
- Then bringing in grades 6 and 9 in groups to allow these students to acclimate to their new buildings (Began on Monday, February 1)
- Then bringing in grades 7-8 and 10-12 in groups to reduce the amount of students in our buildings. (Began on Monday, February 8)
SCHEDULE: In-Person Vikings attend school Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
MASKS and DISTANCING: In-Person Vikings are required to wear masks, and physically distance as much as possible.
TRANSPORTATION: We are offering transportation to eligible riders. There are assigned seats. If families have the means to do so, we highly encourage student drop off to reduce the number of kids on our buses.
TECHNOLOGY: In-Person Vikings bring their district device (iPad or Chromebook) with them to school every day fully charged. Students also take their district device home each night to charge again for the next school day.
- Virtual learning remains an option for children to receive quality instruction.
- STAFF/STUDENT RATIO: Our staff to student ratio varies between 1 adult to 8 students and 1 adult to 13 students.
- SCHEDULE: Student schedules remain largely the same, as does curriculum and expectations.