At Stoughton, we are a school district that is big enough to meet the needs of all students and yet small enough to personalize learning for all students. Our students comprise a proud community of scholars, athletes, musicians and innovators. Our caring staff is bound by a common purpose: to help each child who comes through our doors realize his or her full potential.
The Stoughton Area School District consistently produces one of the best graduation rates in Dane County and consistently exceeds the state average in test scores because we challenge our students and ourselves. We are one of the few school districts in the United States to offer a state-of-the art digital fabrication laboratory (fab lab) that blends science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) into a one-of-a-kind learning experience. Our middle school students can get a jumpstart on Robotics, Spanish, computer programming or career planning, and some of our elementary students have already tried their hand at inventing.
We achieve together. Our caring staff support our students. Our students support each other through mentoring and tutoring programs. Our community supports our students' education by providing approximately $200,000 in scholarship money every year. That team effort is why more than two-thirds of our graduates go on to an institution of higher education and secure admission to schools like Harvard, Stanford and the U.S. Air Force Academy. Take a look at SASD and discover what makes us a District of Choice.
- 23.6 composite ACT score
- 95% graduation rate
- Championship academic teams
- Student leadership programs
- 80% of our graduates plan to attend a 2-year or 4-year school
- 52% of our teachers have advanced degrees
- National acclaim for inclusive teaching
- Innovation in the classroom
- Middle school STEM
- Robust professional development
- More than $200,000 in annual scholarships
- Booster support for athletics & fine arts
- Youth apprenticeships with local businesses
- Student service organizations