4K (4-Year-Old Kindergarten)
The Stoughton Area School District provides a 4 year-old kindergarten program, which supports the way a child develops in their early years of development. The enrollment process is the first step in what we hope will be an outstanding educational opportunity for you and your child.
4K Open House/Informational Meeting
We will be having an important 4K informational meeting on Tuesday, January 31 6:00-7:30pm, at Sandhill Elementary School, 1920 Lincoln Avenue. If your child is or will be 4 years old by September 1, 2017, we encourage you to attend this meeting.
Opens Wednesday, February 1st. CLICK HERE and be sure to select the 2017-2018 School Year once you get into the online enrollment.
4K Registration and Site Request
Tuesday, February 21st, 2017 (Snow day makeup: Tuesday February 28th)
7:00 am - 10:00 am OR 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Sandhill Elementary School, 1920 Lincoln Ave.
If you are unable to attend on this day please call 877-5000
- Children must be 4 years old on or before September 1st of the current school year to begin 4K in our community sites in Stoughton.
- Please bring an original copy of your child's birth certificate and verification of address to enrollment.
Factors that determine placement for 4K:
- Daycare/Pre-school location that a child currently attends with/without wrap-around care.
- Siblings currently attending the daycare/school for which you are enrolling.
- Wrap-around availability at 4K site.
- In the event we have too many requests for a site, a lottery will be used to determine placement.
We partner with local organizations to provide our 4 year-old kindergarten program at convenient locations in the city. Our current site partners are:
- First Lutheran, 310 E. Washington St.
- LaPetite Academy, 635 Lincoln Ave.
- Martin Luther, 900 W. Wilson St. (Door 1 ~ Wilson St. Circle Drive)
- Pumpkin Patch, 900 W. Wilson St. (Door 6 ~ Van Buren St. Circle Drive)
- St. Ann, 324 N. Harrison St.
If you have any questions about our 4K program, contact Mindy Holverson at 608-877-5403 or Mindy.Holverson@stoughton.k12.wi.us.